West Point Environmental delivers a full Waste Electrical and Electronic (WEEE) collection, disposal and recycling service to businesses across the North East and Yorkshire for both non-hazardous and hazardous WEEE.
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations came into force in January 2007 with the aim to reduce the amount of electrical waste going to landfill and improve recovery and recycling rates. Since then electrical and electronic waste has become the fastest growing waste stream in the UK with around 1 million tonnes are generated every year. That’s where West Point Environmental come in.
From large & small household appliances to office equipment and televisions, we have the expertise and experience to cope with a variety of WEEE waste materials, ensuring they are collected & recycled correctly.
Our specialist team will collect all of your unwanted electrical equipment waste from anywhere in the North East and ensure it is recycled in the safest, cost efficient and environmentally friendly route possible whilst also complying with current legislations.
Some of the waste electrical items we can collect:
- Large Household Appliances – fridges, cookers, microwaves, washing machines, dishwashers, fridge freezers, etc.
- Small Household Appliances – vacuum cleaners, irons, toasters, clocks, TV’s, etc.
- IT & Telecommunication Equipment – computers, computer monitors, printers, photo copies, keyboards, telephones, laptops etc.
- Consumer Equipment – radios, televisions, telephones, etc.
- Lighting Equipment – straight and compact fluorescent tubes, high intensity discharge lamps, light bulbs, etc.
- Batteries – car batteries, computer batteries, small appliance batteries, etc.
© Copyright 2017 West Point Environmental